"I have concluded that the DACA policy, at a minimum, presents serious policy concerns that may warrant its full rescission," Wolf wrote.
Earlier in July, a federal judge in Maryland said that the administration must begin to accept new applications
In his order, Judge Paul Grimm of the US District Court for the District of Maryland said that the program is to be restored to its "pre-September 5, 2017 status," meaning the status quo before President Donald Trump tried to terminate it, thereby giving hundreds of thousands of DACA-eligible immigrants the opportunity to apply.
Instead, the administration issued a new memo limiting eligibility to the program, while it determines next steps.
"Rather than accept the outcome of the litigation," wrote Becerra on Tuesday, "Wolf issued a memorandum ... directing DHS to make immediate interim changes to DACA while he ostensibly evaluates the future of the program."
DACA, which was established in 2012, protects undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children from deportation and allows them to work in the US.
"We took the Trump Administration to court to defend the DACA Dreamers and the Rule of Law. And we won. We're prepared to do it again," said Becerra in a statement to CNN.